The Goodwood Festival of Speed has always predominantly been recognised as a combustion engine fueled event, however with the way things are changing with the future of mobility, will EV's appear centre stage alongside Petrol and Diesels? Well electric vehicles certainly figure in the plans for many car manufacturers and with Rolls Royce rumoured to be completely missing out hybrid technology and moving straight into electric mobility, the future looks to be EV.
The EU has U-Turned on it's blanket ban of combustion cars from 2035.
The EV makes headlines again - this time with VW planning to release 30 electric vehicle models, not hybrids, all electric.
What a week for Formula e, just one day after BMW announces they are to be an official manufacturer of the FIA Formula E Championship from Season 5 2018/19, New York is to host rounds 9-10 on the 15th and 16th July of the Formula E event, António Félix da Costa (POR) and Robin Frijns (NED) works drivers will compete in the BMW supported MS Amlin Andretti cars in the first New York Formula e race.
Over the past few the US has hosted a few races, however this is a first for Formula E in the Big Apple, the circuit has been constructed in Red Hook, Brooklyn alongside the Hudson River famed for the passenger jet that landed on the river some years ago. This location provides the perfect backdrop of the Manhattan skyline.
Don't forget to #FanBoost plus your favourite driver using #AntonioFelixdaCosta or #RobinFrijns hashtags on Twitter and Instagram.
More Articles ...
- Tesla Model S P100D 2017 Review
- Hyundai Ioniq 6 Streamliner on the horizon
- Our Road Trip in the BMW i4 - Is This The Ultimate Electric Car?
- Is The BYD Atto 3 The Best Electric SUV under £40K?
- The Purrfect EV? | Ora Funky Cat
- Exploring The Lake District EV Trail in the Ioniq 6
- A Review of the Citroen Ami EV Quadricycle | Cuteness is built in
- Fully Charged LIVE North Walkaround